- The committee shall endeavor to enlist a large and active membership in the Montana Library Association.
- The Executive Director is an ex-officio member of this committee.
- Chairs of each division shall serve as members. The Directors at Large serve as co-chairs of the committee.
- Montana Library Association members and division Chairs are responsible for recruiting new members, and should coordinate their activities with the Executive Assistant to avoid duplication and/or contacting of paid members.
Membership Committee Functions
- Contact prospective members email to invite them to join MLA.
- Contact all new active members personally by email to welcome them to MLA and invite them to the next annual conference and extend MLA’s resources.
- Respond to disgruntled members’ calls and solicit feedback for improvement.
- Contact delinquent members prior to cancellation and encourage them to renew.
- Greet and introduce new members and prospective members at annual meetings.
- Host New Member Breakfast at conference for prospective members.
- Staff MLA booth at annual conference.
- Serve as greeters at New Member Breakfast.
- Plan and implement an annual member-get-a-member campaign.
Updated January 2018