Skip to content
- The Vice President shall act in the place and stead of the President in the event of his/her absence, inability or refusal to act, and shall exercise and discharge such other duties as may be required of him/her by the Board of Directors. [Bylaws, Article VII, Sec. 4b]
- The Vice President-President Elect represents the President upon request and presides at meetings at the request of the President or in the absence of the President.
- At the last Board of Directors meeting before taking office as President (usually at the Board meeting during the annual conference), the Vice President-President Elect presents a statement of the charge, a tentative list of members, and a proposed chair for each committee. The Board may make suggestions regarding this committee information and approves the appointment of the chairs and the charges to the committees.
- Following Board approval, the Vice President-President Elect officially appoints each committee chair in a letter of appointment. The letter should include a statement of the charge to the committee, an outline of the chair’s responsibilities, a list of tentative committee members,
and instructions for submitting a budget request to fund the anticipated work of the committee.
- A final list of committee members shall be presented to the Board of Directors for its approval at the June Board meeting and then forwarded to the committee chairs.
- Fills the position on the Network Advisory Board with the Montana State Library. (This is a three year term and not all Vice-President President Elect officers will be required to fill this position.)
- Assumes office as President on June l.