The mission of this committee is to enhance library service to Montanans by ensuring that library personnel and trustees receive high quality continuing education opportunities. The committee administers the award of the Association’s Conference Grants, Professional Development Grants, Leadership Institute Grants, and Retreat Grants. The committee’s responsibilities include:
- Developing and publicizing guidelines for the award of such grants, including award timeline and criteria for selection to receive a grant. The current grant guidelines are located here in the Forms section of the handbook.
- Preparing and submitting the committee’s annual budget request.
- Publicizing grant availability via Focus, Wired-MT, Facebook and other venues as appropriate.
- Working with the ED to administer grants according to guidelines.
- Regularly reviewing committee information on MLA web site for currency.
- Maintaining committee records.
Updated July 23, 2017