TITLE: Chairperson, Marketing and Public Relations Committee
MISSION STATEMENT: Through planned publicity campaigns and PR activities using a wide range of media will build, sustain and brand a superior image for the Montana Library Association.
GOALS and OBJECTIVES:
To lead the committee in meeting its responsibilities, including:
- Identify and implement methods and activities by which the Association can assist local libraries to enhance public perception of library programs and services, focusing especially on reaching individuals and/or groups that fund and/or govern libraries.
- Identify and implement methods and activities by which the Association itself can conduct an ongoing statewide public relations/marketing campaign to enhance public perception of library programs and services.
- Develop a marketing communications plan including strategy, goals, budget and tactics
- Develop media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media
- Coordinate all public relations activities
- Direct social media team to engage audiences across traditional and new media
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests
- Create content for press releases, byline articles and keynote presentations
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results on a quarterly basis
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an on-going basis.
- Build relationships with thought leaders to grow industry awareness
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them
Revised January 2018