TITLE: MLA Bylaws Committee Chair
MISSION STATEMENT: To formulate and recommend to the Montana Library Association membership such changes in the MLA Bylaws as may be necessary.
- Respond to concerns of MLA Board for changes or clarifications which need to be made in bylaws.
- Prepare necessary amendments or revisions, using the existing bylaws, manual and appendices as guidelines and present them to the MLA Board in time for the Board’s winter meeting.
- Recommend to the Board when/where members will vote on changes.
- Have changes sent to members 30 days before the vote is to take place (use of FOCUS and Wired are recommended).
- Report outcome of vote to members and to the President and the Executive Director. Be sure the Executive Director has copy of the final changes for MLA records.
OBJECTIVES: See above
TIMELINE: Ongoing until completed
JOB DESCRIPTION: Be aware of, and facilitate, needed changes to the bylaws of the Montana Library Association.
Bobbi Otte, Chair
Lisa Mecklenberg Jackson
Updated September 29, 2000
Updated October 24, 2017