Skip to content
- An active member of the Montana Library Association, who is also a personal member of the Mountain Plains Library Association shall be elected as anon-officer Board member of the MPLA for a term of three years, beginning of such term to coincide with that of the officers of MPLA. [Bylaws. Article IX, Sec. 2]
- If the position becomes vacant before the end of the term the President appoints a representative to complete the term until the next regular election.
- The MPLA Representative attends all MPLA Board of Director’s meetings and the annual conference of MPLA. Traveling expenses for all MPLA Board meetings of the year are paid by MLA.
- The MPLA Representative serves as the representative of MLA to MPLA and shall form a liaison to interpret the wishes and polices of the MLA to MPLA and MPLA to the MLA.
- The MPLA Representative reports to the Association membership at the annual Conference.
- The MPLA Representative advises MPLA on committee appointments from Montana, having received prior consent of the persons to be recommended. The MPLA Representative may wish to consult with the MLA President on this matter.
- The MPLA Representative submits reports for MLA activities to all MPLA Board members at every MPLA Board meeting, including the meeting at the annual conference. The MPLA Representative also submits reports to the MLA Board at each Board meeting of the year, including the meeting at the annual conference. One copy of the report to MPLA should be given to the MPLA Newsletter editor.