Updated January 2018
- The Executive Committee is comprised of the President, Vice-President/President
Elect, and Secretary/Treasurer. The Executive Director is an ex-officio member of the
- The Executive Committee shall coordinate, review, and direct the Association’s
operations on behalf of the Board of Directors in accordance with Board policy. The
Board of Directors may delegate additional duties to the Executive Committee.
- The Executive Committee shall serve as the Budget Committee of the Association.
Duties of the Budget Committee shall be set forth in the Manual of Procedure.
The Executive Committee also serves as the Budget Committee. The Secretary-Treasurer serves
as the Chair of the Budget Committee. The Executive Director is an ex officio member of the
- The Executive Director assembles a primary budget with amounts requested from
committees, representatives, officers, divisions, interest groups, independent contractors
and any others requesting MLA funds for the upcoming year on or before May 15 th and
sends it to the Secretary-Treasurer.
- The Secretary-Treasurer presents the preliminary budget to the Budget Committee for
review and evaluation after May 15 th and before June 1 st .
- The Budget Committee analyzes and prepares a proposed budget. The Secretary-
Treasurer presents the proposed budget for a vote at the summer board meeting.
- After approval of the proposed budget, the Executive Director notifies committees,
representatives, officers, divisions, interest groups, independent contractors and any
others requesting funds by September 1 of each fiscal year.