Skip to content
- Two directors are elected for a two-year term on a rotating basis, by the membership at large; one from the eastern part of the state and one from the western part of the state. [Bylaws. Article VIII]
- The duty of the Directors at Large is to promote membership and participation in the Association. They are charged with actively promoting and developing individual membership involvement in Association activities through communication, conference functions, and special activities.
- The Directors at Large are responsible for identifying and bringing before the Board of Directors issues and concerns of the particular region represented and those of the membership at large,
- The Directors at Large serve as co-chairs of the Membership Committee. They work with the Executive Director to encourage membership renewals. Oct. 1 the Executive Director will e-mail them a list of members who have not renewed for the current year. They will contact these members via e mail and later mail to encourage renewal of their memberships.
- The Directors at Large are responsible for identifying and welcoming new members. They are charged with sponsoring a special session for new members at the annual conference.
- The Directors at Large act as liaisons between the interest groups and the Board of Directors. They are responsible for assuring the chairs of the interest groups communicate regularly to the Board and complete their assigned tasks as outlined in the Interest Group section of the Handbook.
- The Directors at Large use their knowledge of the Association and the Montana library community to serve as resource persons for the Association within their regions by providing information, answering questions, and helping to resolve problems.
- From time to time, the Directors at Large may be asked by the President and/or Board to perform special projects or assignments suited to the broad perspective they represent.