The Montana Library Focus is the official publication of the Montana Library Association. It is an online publication imparting news of Association activities, library news, and feature articles. It is distributed solely online.
- Appointment. The editor(s) of the Montana Library Focus is/are appointed by the President and approved by the Board of Directors, following the same procedure as for all other committee chairs. Editor(s) must be member(s) of the Association. Additional editorial personnel (e.g., assistant editors and/or correspondents) may be appointed by the President, in consultation with the Editor, and must be approved by the Board of Directors (as with other committee appointments).
- Term. The term of office for the editor(s) is two years with the opportunity to be reappointed for additional terms.
- Duties. In addition to soliciting and collecting news items and producing the publication six times a year, the editor(s) is/are responsible for the following duties:
1. Meeting with the Board of Directors and at the beginning of the fiscal year to discuss publication plans for the coming year.
2. Reporting to the membership at the annual conference on Montana Library Focus activities and answering questions from the members.
3. Submitting a written report to the President at year-end discussing finances, policy, activities and other issues of concern.
Guidelines for publication in Montana Library Focus will be formulated in conjunction with the Board of Directors and President of MLA. The Editor(s) should review the guidelines annually and suggest needed changes to the Board for approval. The guidelines should be distributed to all Board members, committee and interest group chairs at the beginning of each fiscal year.
Rates and guidelines for advertising in Montana Library Focus will be formulated by the Editor(s) and approved by the Board of Directors. The guidelines should be reviewed annually and needed changes should be submitted to the Board for approval.