Montana Library Association Membership
Two good reasons for active membership
Your patrons, your self
Work smart — Join MLA
Welcome to MLA, one of Montana's most active, vital and "user friendly" organizations. Membership is open to any person or organization engaged in library work or service.
We offer our members:
- A forum for exchanging information, for solving problems and for learning about the changing world of libraries and information science.
- Workshops, retreats and special seminars for those working in libraries and library trustees and administrative bodies.
- FOCUS, our newsletter, featuring upcoming events and including news about the changing world of Montana libraries.
- "Wired-MT", aka Wired-Montana, the librarians' online list serve.
- Our annual late-April convention, regularly bringing 400 Montana librarians together for conversation, workshops, speakers and fun. Periodically MLA has a joint conference with regional or neighboring states' library associations.
- Professional development grants to encourage continuing education.
- Recognition to individuals and libraries for outstanding contribution to library services.
- Regional and national representation to the Pacific Northwest Library Association, Mountain Plains Library Association, and the American Library Association.
MLA, an IRS 501-c3 organization, has a policy making board which meets three times a year. We offer the chance to get involved with other Montana librarians working on statewide projects and committees.
Joining MLA is easy!
Pay Online Now: Choose the appropriate dues amount from the list below to be taken to our secure online payment center.
Membership Runs from July 1 to June 30 each year.
|Dues Level by Annual Salary/Type||Renewal Rate|| New Membership
|Student; Joint ALA/MLA Membership||$35.00||$35.00|
|$40,000 or more $45.00||$60.00||$50.00|
Please contact Deb Kramer, MLA Executive Assistant, with any questions.
You can still pay by mail with the forms below.